I admit that I am not a football fan (soccer for us American’s), and I also don’t follow soccer games all that much. Today, I learned of Goalz, a free online soccer game by French developers Tataragne Interactive . The game consist of a few mini games, with more on the way, and a nice detailed website. You can see all of this in the trailer above.
You pick your favorite club and then you play these games to earn points for your club and try to help them win the national championship (Monday through Friday) and ultimately the European Cup (Saturday and Sunday). Here are some improvements that have been made:
– Several games available with 3D graphics: Penaltiez, Freekickz, Goalkepper and soon new games.
– Possibility to play with different characters and upgrade their skills (mini RPG)
– The special items can be used during games to score more points.
– A trophy room for each player that summarizes your accomplishments.
– We also added challenges to achieve: number of games, total points in the week, etc..
– Full statistics on players, clubs and tournaments.
If you’re a soccer fan, you’ll definitely want to try this out as it’s fun time waster to do right in your browser for free. And if you’re like me, not a big soccer fan, that’s still a good amount of fun to be had here. When you get the chance try it out, I think you’ll probably find yourself going back to it again and again.