Spec Ops: The Line Demo Impressions

Gary Smith

I'm the Editor-in-Chief of Vortex Effect. I'm usually posting news and reviews, and doing all the back end stuff as well. I'm also the Gaming Expert for Answers.com.

You may also like...

No Responses

1. Nazara 25 says:

I played the multiplayer demo that was invite only last year(xbox 360). It was a pretty stansard team death match but was solid.
    The single player demo was alright I’m not sure I enjoyed the high gamma settings again I’ve only played the 360 version. The controls were pretty smooth , I didnt enjoy the press a to drop off a small ledge either the rest was alright.

• Gary Smith says:

Thanks for the comment!

I really hope they take press a button to drop down out of the full game. There’s enough time for them to do that. Hopefully they realize it’s unnecessary and stupid and take it out.

2. Chris Brown says:

Were you playing on a black and white tv? This game has stunning graphics. Iv played over 200 games on xbox 360 and about 50 on ps3 and this may be the most beautiful.

• Gary Smith says:

Nope, playing it on a nice HDTV. To each his own, but it just doesn’t look that good to me. It looks good, and it plays good, but I’d say there’s plenty of games that look much better on PS3.

• Eric W. says:

I find that my experience on my “black and white” ISF calibrated Pioneer 111FD more or less matches yours. It’s a decent game with decent graphics but IMO at least it’s got a “been there, done that” feeling for me and there’s no way in hell I’d put this game’s graphics up near the top of best looking games on the PS3 myself.

3. Gary Smith says:

@Eric Agreed. And the thing is, it’s far being a bad looking game; it’s just not the prettiest looking thing out there. But the graphics don’t even matter here, I’m a big fan of the shooting gameplay. That, for me, more than makes up for decent/average graphics.

• Eric W. says:

Sure. I’m a “gameplay first” person all the way. I like the game. I’ll have to give this another spin, but I’m not sure I’m feeling the itch to pay full price for it as is.

4. Eric W. says:

I just tried this demo again the other day and it really took for me for some reason. I really like this game. Looking around the ‘net I’m seeing some pretty high expectations from some outlets in regards to it. The gameplay is loosely like the Uncharted games even down to Nolan North (Nathan Drake) doing the voice of the main character. Nolan’s been showing up a lot lately and I’m concerned he’s getting overexposed. Despite that, I’m starting to lean towards buying this game when it comes out. Probably on the PC.

• Gary Smith says:

Nolan is in everything!

I don’t even care about the graphics for this, I absolutely loved the gameplay. It felt good, real good. Also great that the enemies aren’t bullet sponges. I’m looking forward to it. I don’t have huge expectations or anything, as I certainly don’t see it being a five star classic, but the gameplay alone won me over. I’ll definitely be picking up at some point for PS3.

1. March 10, 2013

[...] I really enjoyed it and thought the shooting itself was just about perfect. I raved about the demo here, and Brian gave it a good score here. Unfortunately, I never got around to getting the game, but I [...]