Heisman Challenge Mode for NCAA Football 13 Unveiled
The new Heisman Challenge mode has finally be unveiled by EA Sports. Be sure to check out the trailer above, plus we have screenshots in the gallery at the end of the post.
The new mode features ten Heisman winners:
- Marcus Allen– 1981 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
- Doug Flutie– 1984 Heisman Trophy recipient, Boston College
- Eddie George– 1995 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
- Robert Griffin III– 2011 Heisman Trophy recipient, Baylor University
- Desmond Howard– 1991 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Michigan
- Carson Palmer– 2002 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
- Barry Sanders– 1988 Heisman Trophy recipient, Oklahoma State University
- Charlie Ward– 1993 Heisman Trophy recipient, Florida State University
- Andre Ware– 1989 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Houston
- Herschel Walker– 1982 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Georgia
There will be a few DLC Heisman winners too:
- * Tim Brown – 1987 Heisman Trophy recipient, Notre Dame
- * Archie Griffin – 1974 and 1975 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
- * Jim Plunkett – 1970 Heisman Trophy recipient, Stanford University
- ** Mark Ingram – 2009 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Alabama
- ** Matt Leinart – 2004 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
- ** Tim Tebow – 2007 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Florida
* Available through the NCAA Football 13 demo download.
** Available through NCAA Football 13 pre-order from GameStop.
While I love being able to unlock guys by playing the demo (no word on when that’s coming though I’d imagine mid June), I hate that the two guys I’d like to play this mode the most with are exclusive to GameStop; Mark Ingram and Tim Tebow (I’m an Alabama fan AND a Florida fan).
Here’s the official description:
For the first time in franchise history, familiar faces are now on the field in NCAA Football 13, where fans can build a national powerhouse by placing one of 10 former Heisman Trophy winners on the team of their choice for the upcoming NCAA season. Under center, in the backfield, or split wide, utilize a Legend’s skill set in the quest to win the Heisman Trophy. Video interviews with each Heisman Trophy winner will be unlocked throughout the season, detailing the achievements of their glory days. In addition, fans can truly test themselves by matching their Heisman Legend’s historical performance in one season, which will not only win the Heisman Trophy, but also unlock each player in Road to Glory.
And they’re also introducing Reaction Time for this mode, which sounds an awful lot like Bullet Time:
The new Reaction Time feature allows players to experience what it’s like on the field as a true Heisman Trophy-caliber athlete. Reaction Time literally slows down the action, allowing users to look for openings in defenses and perform skill moves to get into the open field, before smoothly transitioning back to regular speed. Gameplay has also been enhanced to include special teams and an updated playcall system.
There’s a ton more on the mode over at the official NCAA Football 13 website, so click here and be sure to read both the Dev blog and the Community blog.
NCAA Football 13 hits stores on July 10th for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Pre-order it today from Amazon for low price of $44.99.