Wii U Impressions After One Day; Nintendo Has Changed The Game

Gary Smith

I'm the Editor-in-Chief of Vortex Effect. I'm usually posting news and reviews, and doing all the back end stuff as well. I'm also the Gaming Expert for Answers.com.

You may also like...

No Responses

1. Eric says:

Good stuff, man. I don’t think I will be buying a Wii U anytime soon, but I’m happy that it has been getting a lot of positive feedback so far. So with the GamePad, can you play any game on it, or is it just select titles? And are the graphics identical to what appears on the TV? I love the idea of being able to play on the couch while using the TV for something else.

• Gary Smith says:

Graphics are good on the GamePad, but not necessarily identical. I actually think Madden looks better on the GamePad than it does on the TV. Hard to tell with Nintendo Land, but most stuff in it appears to be about the same.

As for playing games on the GamePad, that’s just for select titles. Some of the games in Nintendo Land require you to use both the GamePad and the TV (plus some Wiimotes if you’re playing the multiplayer one.

2. Edward Gill says:

3. Alex says:

Great Stuff man

4. THE MONKEY says:

I’m definitely loving the system. All of the Wii U games utilize the gamepad and yes the graphics are practically the same. I would say the only difference is that the colors may be a tad less sharp but that’s only if you are being super picky. I don’t think every game can go “t.v. free” and play on the gamepad exclusively but I know for a fact that Super Mario can as well as Scribblenauts.

• Gary Smith says:

Mass Effect 3, Darksiders II and Madden can as well. I’m loving the system as well. Looking forward to the day my wallet recovers and I’m actually able to get a few more games for it.