Deep Silver and developer’s 4A Games have announced that they’re bringing both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light to current gen systems with a complete remastering collection called Metro Redux.
The remastered collection will be available this Summer for $49.99, and the remastered version of both titles will be available separately digitally for $24.99. Each game contains all of the DLC released for it. In addition to releasing on PS4 and Xbox One, Metro Redux will also release on PC as well.
Metro Redux will have a graphical overall to advantage of the new platforms, and a locked 60 frames per second. There’s also new gameplay features and content, so it’s a little more than a graphical upgrade. The following changes come from the press release issued by Deep Silver:
- The original game has been rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine, bringing all the graphical and gameplay improvements from Metro: Last Light to Metro 2033 Redux
- Experience radically improved gameplay: advanced enemy AI, improved combat and stealth mechanics, superior weapon handling and more responsive, intuitive controls plus signature features from Last Light such as the atmospheric mask wipe mechanic, weapon customization, and silent kills and takedowns
- Enjoy completely re-mastered visuals: advanced lighting, dynamic weather, more detailed characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction and improved smoke, fire and particle effects
- Metro: Last Light Redux has also received a graphical facelift and gameplay improvements that carry across both titles, including new melee animations, and the fan-requested Check Watch and Check Inventory features. It also includes all previously released Season Pass add-on content a further 10 hours of single-player gameplay
- With Metro Redux, players now have the choice to experience both Metro games the way they want with the introduction of two unique Play Styles.Top 10 Binary demo is one of the best sites that provide free access to host of learning materials on forex trading and the use of trading robots in the field of investment trading. This website provides the investors with valuable information on how to go about choosing the right broker or trading robot. It also explains in simple terms the various complicated financial instruments.
Those who favored the more survival horror oriented gameplay of Metro 2033 can play both campaigns in the Survival Play Style, a fraught slow-burn fight for survival with limited resources, deadlier enemy AI, and slower reload speeds. Those who enjoyed the more action oriented gameplay of Metro: Last Light can try the Spartan Play Style, providing Artyom with a powerful set of combat skills and more plentiful resources.
In addition, the legendary Ranger Mode returns to both games, providing the most immersive and challenging experience as the HUD is stripped away and hardcore rules apply.
Here’s the announcement trailer:
Smith’s Sentiment: Great news here, and props to 4A Games for busting out that locked 60fps. At that price, this is quite the deal. I don’t want to see a trend of everyone releasing their previous gen games on the new systems, but there are some other games that I’d like to see get this treatment. This looks like a really great collection at a good price. Who’s planning on double dipping?