We all know about Assassin’s Creed: Unity releasing October 28th on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, but that’s not the only Assassin’s Creed game releasing this Fall.
There had long been rumors of a PS3/Xbox 360 Assassin’s Creed title codenamed “Comet,” and a lot of folks, myself included, were surprised when nothing was said about the project at E3.
Well following a leak, Ubisoft officially announced Assassin’s Creed Rogue for PS3 and Xbox 360 with a cinematic trailer, which you can see below. The game will release on November 11th.
Become the ultimate Assassin Hunter in Assassin’s Creed Rogue. As Shay you’ll hunt those you previously called brothers from the streets of New York City to the frozen and fractured glacial landscapes of the Arctic Circle. Is Shay a traitor, rebel, renegade or something else entirely? Only one thing is certain, he follows his own creed.
Assassin’s Creed Rogue is a brand new chapter in the blockbuster Assassin’s Creed universe. Play as Shay, an Assassin who finds himself at a crossroads and ultimately turns his back on The Brotherhood in order to hunt them down. Assassin’s Creed Rogue will be available exclusively on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 November 11th.
• Play as an all-new type of Assassin in the throes of a dark transformation from an adventurous Assassin to a loyal Templar committed to hunting down his former allies in the Assassin’s Brotherhood.
• New weapons such as the deadly air rifle and a variety of ammunition as well as specialized grenades can be used to distract, eliminate, or confuse enemies.
• Use Shay’s enhanced Eagle Vision and locate hidden Assassins to either avoid or eliminate them.
• Sail the icy and perilous seas of the North Atlantic for thrilling naval gameplay including new enemy tactics, exotic new weapons, and an arctic world full of icebergs and other dangers.
• Explore a diverse open world including the city streets of New York City, lush river valleys of the North East, and icy seas of the North Atlantic Ocean.
Smith’s Sentiment: I’ll get this, just because it’s my favorite franchise. I think the trailer was really well done, and the premise seems interesting. I actually liked Assassin’s Creed III, and look forward to seeing New York City again. But the Arctic setting should be the main draw, as will be the sailing (a big part of what made Black Flag so good). This game will reportedly tie into the Kenway family story, so connecting to Assassin’s Creed III and IV, and will also tie into Unity. I really liked the PS3 version of Black Flag, but I have to wonder if I’ll be able to experience Unity on PS4 and then go to Rogue on PS3 a few weeks later. One is a new engine built for the current systems and featuring revamped/improved mechanics, and the other will be the same old thing running on old hardware. I’m tempted to just hold off and wait on the inevitable “remastered” edition.