UPDATE: So once you do complete a Queen’s Bounty and turn it in, a new symbol will unlock on the map while in Orbit, just above the Crucible playlist. It’s called “The Queen’s Wrath – Kill Order” and it’s a Level 24 Story Challenge that’s classified as “Very Hard.” It has the Epic modifer, which means heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers. Completing this will get you a legendary item of some kind. This is the Venus story mission where you defeat the Gate Lord. You can do this (it’ll be a different story mission each time) for each bounty you complete. In other words, complete a bounty, do a Kill Order mission and get a legendary item. Nice!
It’s Tuesday, and that’s a glorious day in Destiny. It’s the beginning of a new week in the Destiny game world (week three since release), and that means players can once again earn Vanguard and Crucible Marks. There’s a new Weekly Heroic Strike and Nightfall Strike, allowing players the opportunity to earn more Strange Coins and gear. And it’s also an even more special Tuesday because the Queen’s Wrath special event has begun and will run for the next two weeks.
Today also sees the release of Patch 220.127.116.11, which reduces the difficulty of some Heroic missions and also fixes issues with the Vault of Glass raid. You can view the notes here, but there isn’t much to it.
First things first, the regular Daily Bounties for both Vanguard and Crucible for September 23rd.
- TARGET: Sepiks Prime – Defeat Sepiks Prime in “The Devil’s Lair” Strike on Earth (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Relic Harvest – Venus: Collect 200 Pumice Threads on Venus (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Exalted Hive – Kill 10 Hive Majors or Ultras (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Knuckleduster – Melee Kill 30 enemies without dying (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Predator and Prey – Kill 20 enemies without taking damage from them (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Patrol The Moon – Complete 6 Patrol missions on the moon (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Shake the Pillars – Defeat 25 Titans in the Crucible (+75 Rep, +3750 XP)
- In The Zone – Capture 10 Zones in Control (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Relic Hunter – Participate in 10 Salvage Zone captures (+50 Rep, +2500 XP) [IMPOSSIBLE; SALVAGE MODE ISN’T AVAILABLE]
- Back Scratcher – Earn 50 Assists in the Crucible (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Death Glory – Complete 5 Clash Matches (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- That’s How I Roll – Earn 5 Multikill medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
The Daily Heroic Story mission is The Garden’s Spire (Mars), and the new Weekly Heroic Strike and Nightfall Strike is The Nexus, Venus. Be sure to get the daily mission done today, and the weekly stuff whenever you can on the hardest difficulty that you can for more rewards. Today’s daily Crucible playlist is Rumble.
Now onto the special content going on now with The Queen’s Wrath. You get the bounties from the regular bounty guy. Doing these bounties (they show up purple and under the Crucible bounties) will give you Favor with the Queen. Visit the Queen’s Emissary, Petra Venj, located at the end of the normally closed off area behind the regular bounty guy (for those who played the beta, the Iron Banner area). There you’ll be able to get buy gear from the Queen’s Guard.
- Her Willful Gaze – Defeat 20 Guardians with Scout Rifle headshots (+100 Favor, +5000 XP) [PVP]
- By Thy Hand – Defeat 20 Guardians with Hand Cannon headshots (+100 Favor, +5000 XP) [PVP]
- Relic Harvest – Fallen: Collect 200 Ether Drops from Fallen Enemies on any planet (+50 Favor, +2500XP)
- Extermination Protocol – Defeat 200 Fallen with headshots (+100 Favor, +5000 XP)
- Archon Slayer – Defeat Riksis, the Devil Archon, in the Cosmodrome on Earth +100 Favor, +5000 XP)
- Last Days of Winter – Defeat Draksis, Winter Kell, in the Scourge of Winter on Venus (+100 Favor, +5000 XP)
The Queen’s Emissary has the following legendary items available for purchase:
- Rosegold Shader (500 Glimmer, Queen Rank 1)
- Prism Dancer Shader (1000 Glimmer, Queen Rank 3)
- Queen’s Guard Crest Emblem (500 Glimmer, Queen Rank 1)
- Crown of the Sovereign Emblem (1000 Glimmer, Queen Rank 3)
- Cloak of the Sixth Reign (750 Glimmer, Queen Rank 2) [HUNTER cloak, it’ll be different for Titan’s and Warlocks]
- Her Right Hand – Rare Auto Rifle (2000 Glimmer, Queen Rank 2)
- Vesta Noblese – Rare Scout Rifle (2000 Glimmer, Queen Rank 2)
- Merciless – Rare Hand Cannon (2000 Glimmer, Queen Rank 2)
Pretty disappointing that she doesn’t have legendary weapons available for purchase. As is, the Queen isn’t selling anything I want, but I’ll do the bounties anyway.
Yesterday I made a little progress on my grind to level 28. I hit Vanguard Rank 4, and that got me a legendary chest piece (which I had already bought and have fully upgraded), so I dismantled that for the Shards. That fully maxed out my gauntlets, and thus got me a little closer to 28. I’m going to eventually have to make time to do the Raid with a group so I can try to start getting Legendary Raid Gear, which can be upgraded to a max of 30 light as opposed to standard Legendary gear which maxes out at 27. To get you level 30, you’re going to need Legendary Raid gear and an exotic piece, all fully upgraded. So basically, TONS of Shards.
That’ll do it for today’s Destiny Daily. Get out there and earn your Rep and Favor, do the Daily Story mission, get a Public Event finished, and work towards hitting your new weekly 100 Marks limit for both Vanguard and Crucible.
Check back tomorrow for another Destiny Daily, and more importantly my full review of Destiny will finally be posted.