Oh boy, Bungie WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!
If you were playing today, you may have gotten booted while Destiny went down for maintenance. Bungie issued a hot fix, and it does a number of terrible things.
Here’s the run down:
In Hotfix 5, we made a few changes to reduce the effectiveness of a humbling number of economy exploits. Check out these Destiny Dev Notes to read a summary of our impressions since launch.
- Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe [fixed in 220.127.116.11]
EDITOR’s UPDATE: This simply means that if you’re doing a story mission/strike and you (if solo) or the group all dies in a respawn restricted area, engrams will drop far less than usual for a “short” period of time. Basically, this is an attempt to stop people engraming farm in missions like The Dark Beyond on the Moon and the Nexus Strike on venus.
- Material rewards for dismantling Queen’s Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items
- The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
- Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
- Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)
Via: Bungie News
So, Bungie has patched up the popular farming cave in Skywatch. I can live with that, because I didn’t get anything from it anyway. But why reduce the drop rate of engrams (they already serve almost no point whatsoever except for glimmer, weapon parts, and wire)? And more importantly, I now have zero reason to do any Queen’s Wrath events. I don’t need more chest gear, or helmets. I need Ascendant Shards, so breaking down those repeat vests served a purpose.
This event is suppose to last two weeks? What is the incentive to do it every day when you’re getting the same vest or helmet every time? I might as well just get a blue vest since all I’m going to get for dismantling it is Glimmer and wire.
That’s bogus; have an event with a few repeating legendary items for two weeks and then patch it because folks are getting some use out of it. Thanks for that Bungie, you’ve been a great help!