Next week, Bungie will be releasing patch 1.0.2 for Destiny and they’ve gone ahead and posted the patch preview on their website. In short, positive things are happening with the loot and from the patch on when you see a legendary engram, you can get excited. But this only applies to engrams that drop AFTER the patch hits, so there’s no sense in holding on to your legendary engrams that you get before the patch.
Here’s the preview, courtesy of Bungie:
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
- Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
- Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
- Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
- Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
- Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
- Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest–even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already…
This makes up for the Queen’s Wrath event gear not dismantling into shards after yesterday’s “fix.” At least somewhat. Here’s hoping that legendary engrams don’t become even more rare to see as a result of this. At least now there’s a reason to play the Strike playlist if you’re above level 24.