As you may have noticed, there wasn’t a “Destiny Daily” for Saturday or Sunday… that’s pretty much how it’s going to be go forward as well.
Tomorrow is when Patch 1.0.2 is scheduled to be deployed, and that’s the patch that positively changes the way some loot is handled. Legendary engrams will always decrypt to legendary or better gear/weapons/materials and rare engrams will always decrypt to rare or better gear/weapons/materials with an increased chance of being a legendary. Engrams will also be added to Daily Heroic story mission, weekly Strike, and the Vanguard Tiger strike playlist.
Today however is your last chance to hit your Vanguard or Crucible Mark limit for the week. I easily hit the Vanguard limit for the week, but not the Crucible… that’s because I’m sitting on 200 Crucible Marks which is for some reason the maximum amount you can have at a time. This game and its always limiting stuff. Today is also the last chance for you to do the Weekly Heroic Strike and Nightfall strike if you haven’t done those.
Now for the reason most of you read this, the daily bounties for 9/29:
- Relic Harvest Mars – Collect 200 Olympus Tears on Mars (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Fallen Leaders – Kill 10 Fallen Majors or Ultras (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Body Dropper – Kill 100 enemies without dying (+50 rep, +2500 XP)
- Overcharge – Kill 2 enemies at once with a Fusion Rifle, 20 times (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- TARGET: DIVISIVE MIND – Defeat the Divisive Mind in “The Black Garden” mission on Mars with the Heroic modifier active (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Patrol Cosmodrome – Complete 6 Patrol missions in the Cosmodrome (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- First Blood – Earn 3 First Blood medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Never See You Coming – Defeat 10 Guardians from behind (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Pull The Pin – Defeat 20 Guardians with Grenades (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Death or Glory – Complete 5 Clash matches (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Stopping Power – Earn 10 Buckshot Bruiser medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Electrocutioner – Earn 10 Fusion Rifle Sprees in the Crucible (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
Today’s Daily Heroic Story mission is The World’s Grave on the Moon. It also has the Lightswitch modifier, so don’t let enemies get within melee range of you. The mission isn’t that hard, so if you can do it on Level 28 and get your two Ascendant Materials. Today’s Crucible playlist is Skirmish.
The Queen’s Wrath is still going on for those who are newly in the level 20s or simply care to try and earn Favor with the Queen.
I had a fairly good day yesterday. I purchased a new legendary chest piece from the Vanguard and promptly dismantled it for the Shards. I did so because it gave me enough to fully upgrade my exotic helmet, and now I have all of my armor fully upgraded and at Light Level 29. Unfortunately, that’s as high as I’m going to be able to go for quite some time. Between my not going to be able to do the Raid every week and the random nature of Raid loot, who knows how long it’ll be before I get Legendary Raid Gear to hit level 30. Oh well.
Tomorrow should be a good Destiny day. It’s the weekly reset and a good patch. I’m hoping the new Weekly Nightfall has the Void Burn modifier. I was at a disadvantage for the current one since I don’t have any good solar weapons. But when it comes to void damage I’m all set; a great shotgun, fusion, and sniper, and a good rocket launcher. More importantly, I have Atheon’s Epilogue, so my primary weapon deals void damage. At level 29, I should be able to breeze through any Nightfall with the Void Burn modifier. So bring it on Bungie!
That’ll do it for today. Hopefully the patch goes out early tomorrow and not later in the day; I’m hoping it is out when I get up. Go spend the day hoping to get a legendary engram so you can experience the disappointment of seeing it roll out a Level 15 rare weapon one more time.