UPDATE #2: The patch is now live. Patch notes can be found here.
UPDATE: If you’re playing now, you’ve likely seen the message saying that the game world would be rebooting soon and to expect interruptions. That’s because the patch is going live momentarily.
ORIGINAL: Well unfortunately yesterday came and went with no Patch 1.0.2., and as of now it isn’t out. Bummer. I’m holding off doing the Weekly Heroic Strike until the patch, so they need to hurry it up already. I did have a weird bug today; I went to the Tower and there was no one there. I don’t just mean other players, there was no vendors or roaming NPC’s either. The place was a ghost town. Weird.
Here are the bounties for today:
- TARGET: ASKOR, ARCHON PRIEST – Defeat Aksor, Archon Priest in the “Winter’s Run” Strike on Venus (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Walking Tall – Complete any Strike without dying (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- It’s All In The Head – Kill 100 enemies with precision damage (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Predator and Prey – Kill 20 enemies without taking damage from them (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- TARGET: MEROK, EIR PRINCE – Defeat Merok in the “Sword of Crota” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Patrol Venus – Complete 6 Patrol missions on Venus (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Broken Scholar – Defeat 25 Warlocks in the Crucible (+75 Rep, +3750 XP)
- Never See You Coming – Defeat 10 Guardians from behind (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Longshot – Defeat 15 Guardians with headshots using a Sniper Rifle (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Reclamation – Complete 5 Salvage Matches (+100 Rep, +5000 XP) [IMPOSSIBLE]
- No Riding Zone – Defeat 10 Guardians on Vechicles (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- That’s How I Roll – Earn 5 Multikill medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
Today’s Daily Heroic Story mission is “The Sword of Crota” on the Moon. That’s an easy, and fun, mission. Combine it with the bounty for defeating Merok. As always, do it on the highest level you can. The Crucible playlist for today is Rumble.
I take back what I said yesterday about the Nightfall strike being a hard one to solo this week. I assumed it would be based on the times I’ve played it with others. I did it solo immediately after the Destiny Daily post yesterday went up. It was surprisingly easy. I did cheese the final boss, but in a manner a little different than the videos going around. Same basic idea, but a little different area under the stairs. Super safe. My reward? Nine strange coins. Thanks for nothing RNG. At least I have the 25% boost to all XP/Rep gains for the entire week though.
I also did the glitch into Seraphim’s Vault yesterday. Been seeing people do it since the beta, so finally went and had a look around myself. Pretty cool spot, can’t wait to see what takes place in it.
That’s going to do it for today. If the patch comes out today, I’ll update this post as well as put up a new one.