The Daily Destiny will be delayed tomorrow morning because Bungie has announced that a new Hot Fix will go out tomorrow morning at 9pm CT. The maintenance for this Hot Fix will render Destiny unplayable for several hours (so don’t freak out).
Here is what the Hot Fix will do, courtesy of Bungie News:
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
Tomorrow’s Daily Destiny will still go up in abbreviated form during its usual time tomorrow morning, mainly to serve as a reminder that you can’t actually play Destiny at that time. The Daily Heroic/Bounties/New Weekly Heroic/Nightfall will all be updated into the post once Destiny is playable again tomorrow.
That the game will have to be offline for several hours is unfortunate, as tomorrow is not only the weekly world reset (a new Weekly Heroic and Nightfall strike, and the ability to once again begin earning Marks), but it’s also the beginning of the Iron Banner event.