Guardians, it’s Tuesday and that means the weekly world reset has happened. Grab your best gear and your best weapons, and head off to see Lord Saladin because the Iron Banner event has begun and last one week. Your defense and attack scores matter, and level advantages are enabled.
Here are the bounties for today:
- Exalted Hive – Kill 10 Hive Majors or Ultras (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- TARGET: BANUK, UR PRINCE – Defeat Banuk in the “Sword of Crota” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Predator and Prey – Kill 20 enemies without taking damage from them (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Overcharge – Kill 2 enemies at once with a Fusion Rifle, 20 times (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- TARGET: GRAYLIKS, WINTER BARON – Defeat Grayliks in “The Archive” mission on Venus with the Heroic modifier active (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Patrol Mars – Complete 6 Patrol missions on Mars (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Shake the Pillars – Defeat 25 Titans in the Crucible (+75 Rep, +3750 XP)
- First Blood – Earn 3 First Blood medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Back Scratcher – Earn 50 Assists in the Crucible (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Reclamation – Complete 5 Salvage Matches (+100 Rep, +5000 XP) [IMPOSSIBLE]
- All For One – Complete 5 Skirmish Matches (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- No Riding Zone – Defeat 10 Guardians on Vehicles (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Anvil of Light – Deat 50 Guardians while competing in the Iron Banner, with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem, and Shader Items equipped (+75 Rep, +3750 XP)
- Hard Forged – Earn 10000 XP while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+75 Rep, +3750 XP)
- Iron Wrath – Defeat 10 Guardians without dying while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Rise Above – Complete an Iron Banner match with the highest score (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Focused Aggression – Defeat 50 Guardians with Auto Rifle headshots while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Exacting Measures – Earn 15 Headshot Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
Today’s Daily Heroic Story mission is Exclusion Zone on Mars and it also has the Angry modifier active. The Weekly Heroic Strike and Nightfall for this week is Winter’s Run on Venus. That’s the one where you have to kill the Archon Priest. There are some spots that could be tough if you get careless, but you can easily cheese the Priest, so this one is perfectly doable solo. If you’re doing the Nightfall, this week there’s Arc Burn, Solar Burn, and Void Burn modifiers… so go nuts. If you have a primary weapon with elemental damage and a good sniper rifle like Ice Breaker, you should breeze through this. Unfortunately, I don’t have Ice Breaker, but I do have Atheon’s Epilogue, the primary AR that does void damage. That’ll also come in handy when doing the Weekly Heroic version of the strike, since that one has the Void Burn modifier. Thank God there’s no Juggler modifier this week.
The Crucible playlist for today is Skirmish.
Last night the Gunsmith was selling rare fusion rifles, so I was able to buy a few of them to complete my Pocket Infinity exotic bounty. I was able to farm the Nightfall strike kills fairly quickly; getting about 26-32 kills a time before dying and repeating the process about seven times. Like most fusion rifles, I don’t particularly care for it now, but I’m going to use it to get it upgraded to fire in full auto.
Tonight, Vortex Effect LIVE is happening beginning at roughly 9:30pm CT and will last until about 1:00am CT. I’ll be playing the Iron Banner PVP exclusively during that time. That’s going to be on our Twitch channel, which you can follow/view here and we also have the video player near the bottom of our home page. I don’t do commentary (hard to do with a broken mic), but I am near my PC and do keep an eye on the chat if anyone says anything.
I’ll be using my level 29 Hunter. Fully upgraded Knucklehead helmet, meaning so long as I’m using a primary weapon my radar stays up at all times. My defense is 1382. I’ll be using my fully upgraded Shadow Price AR (may switch it out to try my fully upgraded Suros, though I’m not a fan of the slow fire while aiming in PVP), my Comedian shotgun, and Thunderlord machinegun. Also two throwing knifes, just in case. That’s right, I’m a Gunslinger… my super requires a little bit of skill because I actually have to aim and the person I’m shooting at can always strafe out of the way. I’ll also be using a tripmine grenade, that thing that is a one hit kill but is completely avoidable since it shows a red cone.
That’s going to do it for today’s delayed Destiny Daily. A lot later than I like to do these, but I had to wait for the servers to come back online. Now I gotta go solo the Nightfall so I can get my XP/Rep buff for the week.