Yesterday, the Iron Banner got underway. For fir the first time since the game released, the only PVE I did was the Nightfall strike. I didn’t do my Daily Story, I didn’t do the bounties, I didn’t even do a Public Event. Because I was playing the Iron Banner. At the end of the day, I made it half way to rank two in the Iron Banner. Probably could have made it close to or reached rank two had I not been put on poor losing teams 60% of the time (even though the majority of the time, I had the highest score overall).
Oh well, here are the bounties for today:
- Walking Tall – Complete any Strike without dying (+100 Rep, 5000 XP)
- Relic Harvest:Moon – Collect 200 Impact Shards on the Moon (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Fallen Leaders – Kill 10 Fallen Majors or Ultras (+100 Rep, 5000 XP)
- Exalted Hive – Kill 10 Hive Majors or Ultras (+100 Rep, 5000 XP)
- The Bigger They Are – Complete a Weekly Heroic or Nightfall Strike (+100 Rep, 5000 XP)
- Patrol Venus – Complete 6 Patrol missions on Venus (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- First Blood – Earn 3 First Blood medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Forged in Fire – Win 3 Crucible Matches (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Ash and Dust – Defeat 15 Guardians with a Rocket launcher (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Pull the Pin – Defeat 20 Guardians with Grenades (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Stopping Power – Earn 10 Buckshot Bruiser medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Target Practice – Earn 10 Gunslinger medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Anvil of Light – Defeat 50 Guardians while competing in the Iron Banner, with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped (+75 Rep, +3750 XP)
- Iron Embrace – Defeat 20 Guardians with a close quarters melee attack while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Iron Wrath – Defeat 10 Guardians without dying while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Focused Aggression – Defeat 50 Guardians with Auto rifle headshots while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Exacting Measures – Earn 15 Headshot Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- The Chaos and the Calm – Defeat 30 Guardians with machine gun headshots while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
The Daily Heroic Story mission for today is Scourge of Winter on Venus, and it has that Lightswitch modifier active (I hate that). Not too difficult of a mission. The Crucible playlist for today is Control.
I did the Nightfall yesterday, but I didn’t do it solo this time. This time, I ran through it with my brother (he’s level 25). Because of his level, he couldn’t do much towards the enemies, so he was there to support me and get the reward. Basically kill the enemies he could with his sniper, and revive me when I died (and I did die a few times). Ultimately, he got the exotic hand cannon The Last Word as a reward, while for the third straight week I got Strange Coins. I am sick of doing the Nightfall and getting Strange Coins. They shouldn’t even be a possibility for a reward; Strange Coins are the reward for doing the Weekly Heroic version. Come on stupid RNG, give me my Ice Breaker already.
That’s going to do it for today. See you in the Iron Banner, Guardians.