Today is the last day of the Destiny week, and that means that today is the last day of the Iron Banner Crucible event. A lot of use were disappointed with it because, despite what Bungie says, it truly did feel exactly like regular Crucible with no level advantages whatsoever. They’ve taken all of that into consideration, and hopefully the next time the Iron Banner event rolls around there will be a noticeable difference.
Today is also the last day to complete the Weekly Heroic Strike or Nightfall if you haven’t done so yet (although you really should do Nightfall first thing on Tuesday’s if you can). Tomorrow of course is the weekly world reset, and that means we’ll once again be able to earn our 100 Marks and get a new Weekly Heroic Strike and Nightfall to tackle. Thanks to Xur on Friday, I was finally able to buy the gun I wanted most (Ice Breaker), so I won’t be hoping for that after completing the Nightfall tomorrow. I will, however, hope that I don’t get strange coins from the Nightfall for the fourth straight week. I guess I’ll hope for the MIDA Multi-Tool scout rifle.
Here are the daily bounties for 10/13:
- Relic Harvest Mars – Collect 200 Olympus Tears on Mars (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- One For All – Achieve Gold Tier Rating in Public Events (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Exalted Hive – Kill 10 Hive Majors or Ultras (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Cleansing Light – Kill 3 enemies with a single super use, 20 times (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- TARGET: TELTHOR, UNBORN – Defeat Telthor in the “Chamber of Night” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Patrol The Moon – Complete 6 Patrol missions on the Moon (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- First Blood – Earn 3 First Blood medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Headhunter – Defeat 50 Guardians with headshots (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Stopping Power – Earn 10 Buckshot Bruiser medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Target Practice – Earn 10 Gunslinger medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Party’s Over – Earn 5 Enforcer medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Revengeance – Earn 5 Postmortem medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Of Iron Made – Win 3 Iron Banner matches with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem, and Shader items equipped (+75 Rep, +3750 XP)
- Anvil of Light – Defeat 50 Guardians while competing in the Iron Banner, with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem, and Shader items equipped (+75 Rep, +3750 XP)
- Hard Forged – Earn 10000 XP while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+75 Rep, +3750 XP)
- Iron Wrath – Defeat 10 Guardians without dying while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Rise Above – Complete an Iron Banner match with the highest score (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Focused Aggression – Defeat 50 Guardians with Auto Rifle headshots while competing in the Iron Banner tournament (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
Today’s Daily Heroic Story mission is The Black Garden on Mars, and it has the Juggler modifier active. The Crucible playlist for today is Rumble.
Saturday was the first time since Destiny’s launch that I didn’t play the game at all. I spent the entire day watching college football (even more of it that I usually watch on Saturday’s since there were good SEC games from 11am past 9pm). I only played a little bit last night, and that was spent on my Titan. I don’t know how much I’m going to be using my level 29 Hunter for the foreseeable future. I really want to finally get my Titan and Warlock up to 28/29 so that I can run the Nightfall three times a week.
We’ll have a special piece coming sometime later this week running down new modes and other ideas that we would like to see come to Destiny in the future, so do keep an eye out for that and be sure to let us know what you’d like to see.
That’s going to do it for today’s post. See you all tomorrow for the weekly world reset edition of Destiny Daily.