It’s Tuesday, and that means the world of Destiny has been reset. You can once again earn Vanguard and Crucible Marks, loot from the Raid, and there’s a new Weekly Heroic and Nightfall Strike. Bungie is also releasing Hot Fix 126.96.36.199. today, and that’s going to bring some changes to weapons as well as a few other changes. You can see the complete patch notes here.
Here are the Daily Bounties for 10/14:
- Walking Tall – Complete any Strike without dying (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Knuckleduster – Melee kill 30 enemies without dying (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Predator and Prey – Kill 20 enemies without taking damage from them (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- TARGET: SARDOK, EYE OF ORYX – Defeat Sardok in the “Shrine of Oryx” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- TARGET: SIMIKS-3 – Defeat Simiks-3 in “The Archive” mission on Venus with the Heroic modifier active (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Patrol Cosmodrome – Complete 6 Patrol missions in the cosmodrome (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Broken Scholar – Defeat 25 Warlocks in the Crucible (+75 Rep, +3750 XP)
- Forged in Fire – Win 3 Crucible matches (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Stopping Power – Earn 10 Buckshot Bruiser medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- No Riding Zone – Defeat 10 Guardians on Vehicles (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- That’s How I Roll – Earn 5 Multikill medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Revengeance – Earn 5 Postmortem medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
Today’s Daily Heroic Story mission is The Dark Within on Earth, and it also has the Lightswitch modifier active (so don’t get melee’d by enemies). Easy mission. The Weekly Heroic Strike this week is The Devil’s Lair, and it also has the Lightswitch modifier active. You can solo this one pretty easily. The waves of enemies part before the Devil Walker is the only area that should give you trouble. Of course the Weekly Nightfall Strike is also The Devil’s Lair, however it has the Juggler and Void Burn modifiers active in addition to the Epic and Juggler. Even though it is a Void Burn one, I still recommend using your Ice Breaker sniper rifle (if you have it) because it’ll still do a lot of damage and will largely negate the Juggler modifier. These should be easily solo-able for those level 28+. The Crucible playlist for today is Clash.
I made a little bit of progress with my Titan alt character last night; finished the campaign and got him up to level 17. The first character is certainly a grind to get high level, but man the second one feels so much worse. It’ll probably be another few weeks before I finally get him to where I can do the Nightfall twice.
That wraps up today’s post. Go out there and complete those bounties and tackle the Nightfall strike first. You want that XP/Rep boost for the rest of the week, not to mention a chance at some sweet loot. Me, I’m just hoping I don’t get Strange Coins from the Nightfall for the fourth straight week. I won’t be a happy Guardian come tomorrow’s post if I get coins from the Nightfall again.