Yesterday I did the Nightfall solo first thing because I didn’t think my luck with this games RNG could possibly be bad enough to get strange coins from the nightfall all four weeks that I’ve done it. I was wrong. Yes, after killing Sepkis Prime I was disappointed to see nothing pop up in the little activity feed at the bottom left of the screen. I knew what that meant… more strange coins, a rare item not worthy of being announced. This time it was 10, so I guess on the bright side it was one more than I’d get later in the day for doing the Level 28 Weekly Heroic. I’ll have much more to say about the strange coins and the Nightfall later in a separate post.
Here are the bounties for 10/15:
- It’s All in the Head – Kill 100 enemies with precision damage (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Cleansing Light – Kill 3 or more enemies with a single super use, 20 times (+50 XP, +2500 XP)
- Predator and Prey – Kill 20 enemies without taking damage from them (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- The Bigger They Are – Complete a Weekly Heroic or Nightfall Strike (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- TARGET: SARDOK, EYE OF ORYX – Defeat Sardok in the “Shrine of Oryx” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Patrol Mars – Complete 6 Patrol missions on Mars (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- In The Zone – Capture 10 Zones in Control (+50 Rep, +2500 XP)
- Throw Down – Defeat 20 Guardians with your melee attack (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Headhunter – Defeat 50 Guardians with headshots (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Death or Glory – Complete 5 Clash Matches (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Electrocutioner – Earn 10 Fusion Rifle Sprees in the Crucible (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
- Party’s Over – Earn 5 Enforcer medals (+100 Rep, +5000 XP)
The Daily Heroic Story mission for today is The Dark Beyond on the Moon, and it has the Juggler modifier active. The Crucible playlist for today is Skirmish.
The patch went live yesterday, and they said they nerfed auto rifle damage by 2%, which seemed small but is definitely noticeable. Enemies aren’t dying nearly as fast from my fully upgraded Shadow Price or Suros Regime, and Atheon’s Epilogue might as well be useless. I’ve had to start to using a blue hand cannon. I’m not really a fan of nerfing weapons on the PVE side (nor really at all). I know a lot of folks whined about how auto rifles were OP in the Crucible compared to Scout rifles, but they should be. Scouts should be good at range, but if we’re relatively close the AR should win (and it probably still will, I haven’t played the Crucible yet). The Scout has always done more damage per shot, but the AR’s can shoot out way more bullets. This happens with most games, people complain about certain weapons in PVP and it gets nerfed, but in this case the nerf also applies to the PVE, and that shouldn’t happen.
That’s going to do it for today’s post. Let us know in the comments below what you think of the latest patch, and if you’ve done the Nightfall, let me know what your reward was.