Guardians, go gather some Strange Coins because tomorrow Xur returns to the Tower to peddle his exotic wares. Last time he brought Patience and Time, this week I’m really hoping for either The Last Word or MIDA Multi-Tool. I don’t care about the armor, so I’m just hoping for a weapon I don’t already have. Having said that, I’d jump on a second Ice Breaker, because passing my current one from character to character is highly annoying.
There’s some new Destiny products coming out this month from Insight Editions that you might be interested in (I’ll be reviewing each of these at some point this month):
- Destiny Hardcover Blank Journal ($18.95) – Embark on a thrilling journey into a universe filled with action and adventure with this finely crafted writing journal showcasing iconic images and beautiful concept art from the game. Players can use these pages to tell their own stories as they ascend to legend. With sturdy construction and sewn binding, this journal lies flat, and the 192 blank, acid-free pages of high-quality heavy stock paper take both pen and pencil nicely to invite a flow of inspiration. All this, plus a ribbon placeholder, elastic closure, and 7.5 x 4.5–inch back pocket, perfect for holding photographs and mementos, makes this Destiny journal the ultimate game-inspired portable journal.
- Destiny: The Poster Collection ($24.99) – Explore the Destiny universe with this striking poster collection, featuring full-color concept art from the groundbreaking first-person action adventure. This vibrant set of images showcases iconic elements from the game, including the Traveler, the Guardians, and landscapes such as the broken surface of the Moon and the abandoned ruins of Earth. With twenty removable, frameable posters perfect for displaying, Destiny: The Poster Collection invites every fan to own a piece of the bold and dynamic art at the heart of the Destiny franchise.
- The Art of Destiny ($45) – From the mysterious dunes of Mars to the jungles of Venus and the abandoned aerospace installations on the Moon, Destiny takes players across the ancient ruins of our solar system on their quest to defend Earth’s last city and become legend. To build this expansive universe, the team at Bungie drew from a multitude of inspirations—from classic fantasy and science fiction worlds, the myth-meets-technology adventure of space operas, and the ornate design of medieval drapery juxtaposed with modern architecture—all of which combine to create a world uniquely imagined down to the smallest detail. The Art of Destiny is a celebration of the dynamic art at the heart of the game, featuring hundreds of pieces of concept illustrations, cinematic imagery, early sketches, and world-building graphic design. Covering the meticulous artistic development behind each class, vehicle, weapon, and environment, this lush and comprehensive overview explores the game’s sweeping world, grand scope, and vibrant visuals.
Here are the bounties for 11/6:
|BOUNTY||DESCRIPTION||+ REP / + EXP|
|Walking Tall||Complete any Strike without dying.||+100 / +5,000|
|Relic Harvest – Mars||Collect 200 Olympus Tears on Mars.||+50 / +2,500|
|Unstoppable||Earn 9000 Experience without dying. (Does not include Bounty XP reward.)||+50 / +2,500|
|Target: Sardok||Defeat Sardok in the “Shrine of Oryx” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active.||+100 / +5,000|
|Patrol The Moon||Complete 6 Patrol missions on the Moon.||+50 / +2,500|
Only five bounties for me, so I’m going to assume the sixth bounty is Exalted Hive since I turned that one in while going to check.
|BOUNTY||DESCRIPTION||+ REP / + EXP|
|The Wild Hunt||Defeat 25 Hunters in the Crucible.||+75 / +3,750|
|Back Scratcher||Earn 50 Assists in the Crucible.||+50 / +2,500|
|Headhunter||Defeat 50 Guardians with headshots.||+100 / +5,000|
|All for One||Complete 5 Skirmish Matches.||+100 / +5,000|
|No Riding Zone||Defeat 10 Guardians on Vehicles.||+100 / +5,000|
|Revengeance||Earn 5 Postmortem medals.||+100 / +5,000|
The Crucible playlist for today is Rumble.
Daily Heroic Mission: The Sword of Crota
Location: Ocean of Storms, Moon
- Infiltrate the Hive Fortress and destroy the legendary Sword of Crota, a weapon once used to slay thousands of Guardians.
- HEROIC – Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
- JUGGLER – No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.
- Cryptarch Engram
- Vanguard Marks +5
- +4800 XP (lvl 20) l +6000 XP (lvl 24) l +7500 XP (lvl 28)
- Ascendant Material (lvl 24) l 2 Ascendant Materials (lvl 28)
This is, to me, probably the easiest mission on the Moon. It’s also a pretty quick mission. Kill the enemies, grab the sword, and go to town. You can stand in there with the Knights and swing at them and take about two hits, but then you gotta make sure you jump the hell away and recover some. Won’t take long, and is one of the more fun missions in the game thanks to the awesome sword (and the third person camera, and I do wish the entire game could be played in third person).
That’s going to do it for today Guardians. See you all tomorrow, where we’ll add Xur’s merchandise to the post and hope he brings something good to the Tower. Got a specific weapon or piece of armor you’re hoping Xur brings tomorrow? Let us know in the comments below.