Guardians, it’s Friday, and that means Xur has returned to the Tower. You can check out his wares and location immediately below this section. I’m a happy camper, as Xur brought exactly what I wanted: The Last Word, the hand cannon. I can’t wait to pop some Cabal heads with that thing.
Bungie moved their weekly update to Thursday yesterday, and the news from it is that the Iron Banner looks to return late next week. Here’s what you can expect from Iron Banner 2.0, where a lot of changes have been made based on player feedback from the last time:
- Only players Level 20 and above can lead a Fireteam
- Players below Level 20 can accompany more powerful friends
- Players within 3 Levels can be competitive with each other
- Your DEFENSE rating affects how you take damage
- Wear your best (highest rated) armor
- Players out of your league will seem like a Boss
- Your ATTACK rating affects how you inflict damage
- Equip your best (highest rated) weapons
- Lower-level players wielding fully-upgraded weapons should still be considered a very credible threat!
- Lord Saladin now has five ranks to obtain through victory
- Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved
- The Tempered buff is a twelve-hour boost in reputation gains
- Activate Tempered later during the event to catch up faster
- Increase your Rank to unlock better gear
- Reforge weapons to reset progression with new perks
- Earn gauntlets and boots to move you closer to Level 30
- See Lord Saladin for details!
- Reputation gains are only awarded only to the winners
- Defeat grants a token to be redeemed after a future win
- You can carry up to five Iron Medallions at any time
- Partial reputation gains are earned instantly upon victory
- Your reputation will be reset at the conclusion of this Iron Banner
- Like any competitive activity, each new event is a chance to regain your standing
In addition, they announced that beginning you’ll be able to beta test a voice chat channel. You can opt into this channel to talk with partners that you are paired with during matchmaking events like Strike’s and the Crucible. I don’t use a mic, so I don’t care for voice chat. But those of you who do, it’s coming Tuesday, November 18th. You can read more about it here.
Xur’s exotics are up now, the daily bounties directly below it.
||Titan Chest – For This, There Is One Remedy.||13 SC|
| Crest of Alpha Lupi
||Hunter Chest – You’ve heard every last tale of the wolf by now. None of them are true. You are the wolf.||13 SC|
||Warlock Chest – “YOU WILL DREAM OF TEETH AND NOTHING ELSE” – scratched behind a buckle||13 SC|
|The Last Word
||Hand Cannon – “Your’s… not mine.” – Renegade Hunter Shin Malphur to Dredgen Yar||23 SC|
|Exotic Engram||Helmet Exotic Engram – Random exotic helmet for a random class.||23 MoL|
Xur can be found in the North Tower, up against a back gate directly across from the room the Speaker is in. He’s been there before, but it’s been a while. I went in with 54 Strange Coins, and of course spent 23 to get The Last Word. I’ve been wanting this gun since launch. Thank you Xur! If you pick up anything this week, let us know in the comments.
|BOUNTY||DESCRIPTION||+ REP / + EXP|
|Target: Zydron||Defeat Zydron in the “Eye of a Gate Lord” mission on Venus with the Heroic moidifer active.||+100 / +5,000|
|Target: Valus Ta’aurc||Defeat Valus Ta’aurc in the “Cerberus Vae III” Strike on Mars.||+50 / +2,500|
|One For All||Achieve Gold Tier Rating in 3 Public Events.||+100 / +5,000|
|Cleansing Light||Kill 3 or more enemies with a single super use, 20 times.||+50 / +2,500|
|Body Dropper||Kill 100 enemies without dying.||+50 / +2,500|
||Complete 6 Patrol missions on Venus.||+50 / +2,500|
I hate that One For All bounty. Public events are super easy and can be solo’d quickly, but trying to get to an area in hopes that one of these events spawns three times is a minor hassle. Because sometimes they don’t spawn. Use DestinyPublicEvents.com to try and make it easier on yourself. I also hate the Cleansing Light bounty. As such, I never both with either of them.
|BOUNTY||DESCRIPTION||+ REP / + EXP|
|The Wild Hunt||Defeat 25 Hunters in the Crucible.||+75 / +3,750|
|In the Zone||Capture 10 Zones in Control.||+50 / +2,500|
|Back Scratcher||Earn 50 Assists in the Crucible.||+50 / +2,500|
|No Riding Zone||Defeat 10 Guardians on Vehicles.||+100 / +5,000|
|That’s How I Roll||Earn 5 Multikill medals.||+100 / +5,000|
|Revengeance||Earn 5 Postmortem medals.||+100 / +5,000|
The Crucible playlist for today is Rumble.
Daily Heroic Mission: The Buried City
Location: Meridian Bay, Mars
- Clear out the Cabal occupying the lost city of Freehold and explore what remains.
- HEROIC – Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
- ANGRY – Minions of the Darkness won’t flinch, even after massive damage.
- Cryptarch Engram
- Vanguard Marks +5
- +4800 XP (lvl 20) l +6000 XP (lvl 24) l +7500 XP (lvl 28)
- Ascendant Material (lvl 24) l 2 Ascendant Materials (lvl 28)
As I always say, this is an easy one. You have to be a little more careful because the Phalanx’s won’t drop their shields for you to get an easy headshot. There’s some Centurions, a Colossus, and some major Pison’s to deal with as well. Overall though, it’s nothing to overwhelming. Shouldn’t take too long to do.
That’s all for today Guardians. Remember, no Destiny Daily on the weekend, so I’ll see you again Monday morning. Tomorrow is my day to sit down and watch some college football. My Crimson Tide get to play #1 Mississippi State tomorrow, so Roll Tide Roll. If you bought anything from Xur today, let us know in the comments. If you The Last Word, what do you think about it? I’m about to go try it out as soon as I hit publish on this post. Later Guardians!