Welcome back Guardians to another Destiny Daily. It’s Tuesday and that means the world has reset. It’s a The Dark Below heavy day, as the daily story mission and the weekly heroic/nightfall will require that you have the DLC. The Iron Banner also started up today, so there’s a lot going on on this reset day.
So with that, let’s just dive right in… here are the bounties for 3/17:
- Exalted Hive – Kill 10 Hive Majors or Ultras.
- Body Dropper – Kill 100 enemies without dying.
- Overcharge – Kill 2 enemies at once with a Fusion Rifle, 20 times.
- TARGET: Banuk, Ur Prince – Defeat Banuk in the “Sword of Crota” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active.
- TARGET: Merok, Eir Prince – Defeat Merok in the “Sword of Crota” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active.
- Patrol Mars – Complete 6 Patrol missions on Mars.
- Light the Way – Defeat 15 Guardians using a Super.
- Broken Scholar – Defeat 25 Warlocks in the Crucible.
- Death or Glory – Complete 5 Clash Matches.
- Stopping Power – Earn 10 Buckshot Bruiser medals.
- Forged in Fire – Win 3 Crucible Matches.
- Revengeance – Earn 5 Postmortem medals.
The Daily Crucible playlist for today is Control.
The Iron Banner is underway from today until the end of next Monday. These are the bounties available:
- Hard Forged – Earn 10000 XP while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Iron Embrace – Defeat 10 Guardians with a close quarters Melee attack while competing in the Iron Banner.
- Iron Wrath – Defeat 10 Guardians without dying while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Exacting Measures – Earn 5 Headshot Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner.
- Focused Aggression – Defeat 20 Guardians with Primary Weapon headshots while competing in the Iron Banner.
- The Chaos and the Calm – Defeat 10 Guardians with Machine Gun headshots while competing in the Iron Banner.
Crota’s Bane Bounties
- Cut Them Down – Kill Hive using a Blade’s sword on Earth.
- Shine a Light – Use a Solar or Arc ability to kill any enemy.
- Boneshaker – Kill 7 Hive at once with Fist of Havoc.
- One of Us – Kill 10 Hive Majors and Ultras with any of Eris’ class items equipped.
- The Cleansing – Kill 10 Majors or Ultras in a Nightfall activity.
“Go to the Temple of Crota and destroy Crota’s soul.”
The Wakening – Ocean of Storms, Moon
- Cryptarch Engram
- Helium Filaments +16
- Ascendant Materials +3
- Vanguard Marks +5
- XP Bonus +7500
“Omnigul, the mastermind of Crota’s armies, nests in the Cosmodrome. Eliminate this horror and purge its spawn.”
The Will of Crota – Old Russia, Earth
Weekly Heroic Modifiers
- Arc Burn
Weekly Heroic Rewards
- Cryptarch Engram
- Strange Coins +3/6/9
- Vanguard Marks +23/26/30
- Vanguard Reputation +150/250/400
- Arc Burn
- Unknown Rewards
This is one of those that is just filled with enemies and there’s no real cheese spot, especially if you’re playing solo. Bring your arc weapons, but if you have a good solar weapon (like Vision of Confluence or Abyss Defiant) you may want to switch to it to deal with those extremely pesky Fallen Shanks.
I did it this morning with two clan members on my hunter. My loadout was Oversoul Edict, LDR 5001 sniper rifle (the exact one the Vanguard vendor is selling), and Thunderlord. For the shanks, I mixed it up a bit and got my Ice Breaker out (which is a two shot kill on those shanks).
Your best bet is just to hang back throughout this entire strike. Lightswitch makes it impossible to get in close and stay there. Thrall’s have arc melee, so there claws are extremely deadly when you combine Arc Burn with Lightswitch. Almost all enemies are dealing arc damage here, and the ones that aren’t want to try to melee you. So just stay back, watch your radar, and take pot shots at Omnigul after you make sure you kill all of the Knights (boomers will kill you quick, and a sword wielding one will kill you in one hit).
It’s not a hard one, but it can be tedious.
In case you were wondering what the rewards were for my group this morning, one guy got a legendary primary weapon engram and the other guy got a Vanquisher (New Monarchy) assault rifle which I didn’t see the perks on. I got an exotic rocket launcher. Unfortunately, it was Truth, so in reality I got a free exotic shard. (Truth is a fantastic rocket launcher, but I already have one and since the companion app update regarding the vault I no longer keep duplicate exotics).
If you get anything from the Nightfall (or anywhere else for that matter), let us know about it in the comments below. Some folks get mad or jealous when other folks get good drops, but not me. I like to see and hear about others getting nice loot even when it’s something that I want and don’t have.
I have yet to jump into the Iron Banner, but I will do so today. In fact, when I get back in the game, that’s pretty much what I’m going to focus on. Here’s hoping I have a better experience this time than the previous times I’ve tried it.