I did the Nightfall on just one character yesterday and haven’t bothered to do the weekly heroic. Also, no raid yet. Instead, I spent all of playing time yesterday in the Iron Banner. In doing so, I have advanced as far as I ever have in the Iron Banner (aside from maybe the beta). I’m half way to rank three. I usually hit rank two and never return after being so frustrated.
The frustration is still there. Luckily I won a lot of games yesterday, but of course also lost quite a bit but never enough to delete medallions. So no game was actually a waste for me yesterday. I do wish Bungie would stop putting me in games that are already in progress and where the team I’m on is down several thousand points. That’s not fun. They also really need to fix their netcode, because the red bar folks shouldn’t be on top the majority of the time.
I completed the Iron Banner bounties, which I never do, and the Crucible bounties, which I also never do. I’ve already earned 74 Crucible Marks, so I’ll hit the 100 limit for the week today and that’s something I never do (most weeks I have zero crucible marks because I don’t play it that much).
I only play PvP on my Gunslinger Hunter. If you were wondering what my loadout for the Iron Banner is, it is as follows:
- The Last Word (maxed)
- LDR 5001 (maxed) / Hide and Seek-42 (maxed)
- Against All Odds (maxed)
For my armor, I’m not rocking my 32 raid gear. There’s no real reason to be 32, so I prefer to use armor that provides some benefit to my crucible playing. For me that is:
- Knucklehead Radar (maxed)
- Sojourn Grips (maxed, increased handcannon reload speed, increased melee attack)
- Gravebreaker 1.3 (maxed, carry more ammo for sniper rifle, carry more ammo for handcannon)
- Kali-gnt Scout Rig (maxed, carry more ammo for handcannon) or Tireless Striders (more ammo for heavy weapon)
The last one there depends on whether I want more intellect for a given game or not. For PVP, I typically focus more on discipline and strength.
My armor/recovery/agility is as close to even as I can get them. I know a lot of folks don’t like to roll that way, but it works out well enough for me. I’ll probably be uploading quite a few Iron Banner matches to our YouTube channel this week.
- Fallen Leaders – Kill 10 Fallen Majors or Ultras.
- Body Dropper – Kill 100 enemies without dying.
- It’s All in the Head – Kill 100 enemies with precision damage.
- TARGET: Bracus Tha’aurn – Defeat Bracus Tha’aurn in “The Buried City” mission on Mars with the Heroic modifier active.
- TARGET: Grayliks, Winter Baron – Defeat Grayliks in “The Archive” mission on Venus with the Heroic modifier active.
- Patrol Cosmodrome – Complete 6 Patrol missions in the Cosmodrome.
- Ash and Dust – Defeat 15 Guardians with a Rocket Launcher.
- In The Zone – Capture 10 Zones in Control.
- Party’s Over – Earn 5 Enforcer medals.
- Stopping Power – Earn 10 Buckshot Bruiser medals.
- The Wild Hunt – Defeat 25 Hunters in the Crucible.
- Throw Down – Defeat 20 Guardians with your melee attack.
The Daily Crucible playlist for today is Rumble.
These are the Iron Banner bounties available:
- Hard Forged – Earn 10000 XP while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Iron Embrace – Defeat 10 Guardians with a close quarters Melee attack while competing in the Iron Banner.
- Iron Wrath – Defeat 10 Guardians without dying while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Exacting Measures – Earn 5 Headshot Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner.
- Focused Aggression – Defeat 20 Guardians with Primary Weapon headshots while competing in the Iron Banner.
- The Chaos and the Calm – Defeat 10 Guardians with Machine Gun headshots while competing in the Iron Banner.
Crota’s Bane Bounties
- Cut Them Down – Kill Hive using a Blade’s sword on Earth.
- Hard Fall – Rapidly kill 4 Hive with a heavy weapon. Death will reset your progress.
- The Unseen – Kill any Majors or Ultras in a Nightfall activity.
- Unwavering Light – Complete 5 bounties in a single day.
- The Cleansing – Kill 10 Majors or Ultras in a Nightfall activity.
“Survive the military power of the Cabal and find the Gate to the Black Garden.”
Exclusion Zone – Meridian Bay, Mars
- Cryptarch Engram
- Relic Iron +10/12/16
- Ascendant Materials +1/2
- Vanguard Marks +5
- XP Bonus +4800/6000/7500
If you have 10 minutes to spare, this would be a good time to pop a Resupply Code, kill the majors off the second drop ship, and then kill yourself to repeat the process. For those of you that need the Glimmer, since this Iron Banner gear is quite expensive.
Let us know if you got any good loot drops. I don’t play a lot of crucible, but yesterday I saw quite a few exotic’s dropping in the Iron Banner. Two MIDA-Multi Tool’s, Ice Breaker, and a Suros Regime. In case you were wondering, these were all on my team and yes they were all around the bottom of the score board.
I have largely enjoyed playing the Iron Banner this time, but there have certainly been moments where I’ve gotten mad (which rarely happens for me). One of games in particular I’ll upload to YouTube, but we did lose it. It was Blind Watch, and you can probably guess what happened. I was holding down B, noticed someone taking C, and went and killed them. Only then did I see two folks spawning on the C side and one coming from the other direction. As I died, I could see four of my teammates had decided that B, C, and the lead wasn’t good enough, what we really needed was A too. So as I spawned at A, I angrily hurled my throwing knife at a teammate.
Seriously folks, if you play Blind Watch and have B and C then DEFEND B and C. Don’t push forward and take A. The same thing with Shores of Time. For Firebase Delphi, if you have A and B, then for goodness sakes don’t go anywhere near C. Rusted Lands, if you have A and B, then don’t go near C. The name of the mode is CONTROL. That doesn’t mean control every objective. Control the two that make the most sense and defend them. Control the map. Force them to always spawn in the same place and control the choke points. And if you’re on the team that only has the weaker objective, then don’t just push forward and get slaughtered. Set up shop around the points they’ll be coming from and make them come to you.