Yesterday I hit rank three in the Iron Banner, and that’s the highest I’ve ever been with that. I went ahead and bought the boots even though I didn’t care for the stats or the perk. I also bought the rank three emblem. These Iron Banner items are expensive. Buying those two things knocked me down to under 1,000 glimmer. I’m back up to 22,000 now though after running the Nightfall three times yesterday, and the Weekly Heroic three times yesterday. If you need Glimmer, do either of those and make sure you use the Ether Seeds and Black Wax Idol. Glimmer galore.
Moving onwards, here’s the bounties for 3/19:
- Fallen Leaders – Kill 10 Fallen Majors or Ultras.
- Unstoppable – Earn 9000 Experience without dying.
- It’s All in the Head – Kill 100 enemies with precision damage.
- TARGET: Divisive Mind – Defeat the Divisive Mind in “The Black Garden” mission on Mars with the Heroic modifier active.
- TARGET: Sardok, Eye of Oryx – Defeat Sardok in the “Shrine of Oryx” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active.
- Patrol Cosmodrome – Complete 6 Patrol missions in the Cosmodrome.
- Back Scratcher – Earn 50 Assists in the Crucible.
- Death or Glory – Complete 5 Clash Matches.
- Forged in Fire – Win 3 Crucible Matches.
- Never See You Coming – Defeat 10 Guardians from behind.
- No Riding Zone – Defeat 10 Guardians on Vehicles.
- Stay Golden – Complete 5 Rumble Matches.
The Daily Crucible playlist for today is Clash.
These are the Iron Banner bounties available:
- Hard Forged – Earn 10000 XP while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Iron Embrace – Defeat 10 Guardians with a close quarters Melee attack while competing in the Iron Banner.
- Iron Wrath – Defeat 10 Guardians without dying while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Exacting Measures – Earn 5 Headshot Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner.
- Focused Aggression – Defeat 20 Guardians with Primary Weapon headshots while competing in the Iron Banner.
- The Chaos and the Calm – Defeat 10 Guardians with Machine Gun headshots while competing in the Iron Banner.
Crota’s Bane Bounties
- Cut Them Down – Kill Hive using a Blade’s sword on Earth.
- Hard Fall – Rapidly kill 4 Hive with a heavy weapon. Death will reset your progress.
- The Unseen – Kill any Majors or Ultras in a Nightfall activity.
- Unwavering Light – Complete 5 bounties in a single day.
- The Cleansing – Kill 10 Majors or Ultras in a Nightfall activity.
“Unravel the secrets of the Vex by reviving an ancient research station of the Ishtar Collective”
Ishtar Collective – Ishtar Sink, Venus
- Cryptarch Engram
- Spirit Bloom +10/12/16
- Ascendant Materials +1/2
- Vanguard Marks +5
- XP Bonus +4800/6000/7500
I ran the Nightfall twice last night and received a legendary pulse rifle (Time on Target) and shotgun (The Crash). I did Crota normal on one character and still didn’t get my Black Hammer. I did however get an Exotic Shard from both the Deathsinger (Dragon’s Breath) and Crota (MIDA Multi-Tool). From one of my three Weekly Heroic runs, I got a legendary engram. Unfortunately it was a boot engram, and I don’t care for the armor on my Titan (it was a pair I already had, and with a worse roll too). Oh well.
Xur comes back around to the Tower tomorrow. At this point, I don’t much care. There’s only one weapon he can sell that I don’t have and that’s Gjallarhorn, and well that’s not happening. There are still a few pieces of armor I need, but I’m not expecting them.
Later today is Bungie’s Weekly Update, hopefully that will contain some more information on the upcoming patch 1.1.2. I also keep hoping they’ll announce Queen’s Wrath to return before House of Wolves, but I don’t expect it to actually happen unfortunately.