UPDATE: The changes included in Patch 126.96.36.199 will take affect tomorrow morning when House of Wolves drops. These changes were detailed last Friday in the notes for 1.2.0, but as a refresher I have added them below the bounties.
One more day. Tomorrow we’ll be heading into uncharted territory when House of Wolves finally releases. There will be five new story missions to devour, a quest or two, all new Queen’s bounties, a new strike, and of course our first steps into the Prison of Elders. And of course tons of sweet new weapons and armor to earn and a new level cap to race towards. And who can forget that we’ll finally be able to do something with all those Ascendant Shards we’ve been amassing. Tomorrow, Guardians, Destiny gets a lot better… and it’s already pretty awesome.
Today though is pretty much just another day. I’m sure many of you will be farming the Wolves public events to open the Ether chests as much as possible (Skywatch is amazing for this) to try and acquire Treasure Keys. Apparently, according to IGN, these Treasure Keys will allow you to complete a Prison of Elders activity (either level 32, 34, or 35) multiple times in a week. I received two on Saturday, and haven’t farmed since. The reason I’m not farming is because I’m full. My vault is full, and the slots on my three characters are full. With engrams that I won’t be able to decrypt until tomorrow. I have more special ammo than I can use (and I used to buy small amounts to run around Roc strikes with the 4th Horsemen). I have two Keys, and at this point I don’t really need anymore.
I’ll do the Daily today, and the bounties (though I won’t turn them in), but that’s about it. It’s going to be a largely Destiny free day for me today.
Bungie also pushed a small 9.52MB patch 188.8.131.52 today, although it isn’t activated. This is the final pre-load and prep for the release of House Wolves, which will become available at 12pm CT.
Here are the bounties for May 18th:
- It’s All in the Head – Kill 100 enemies with precision damage. [ 50 Rep / 2,500 XP ]
- One For All – Achieve Gold Tier Rating in 3 Public Events. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- Body Dropper – Kill 100 enemies without dying. [ 50 Rep / 2,500 XP ]
- Target: Banuk, Ur Prince – Defeat Banuk in the ‘Sword of Crota’ mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active. [ 50 Rep / 2,500 XP ]
- Target: Zydron, Gate Lord- Defeat Zydron in the “Eye of a Gate Lord” mission on Venus with the Heroic modifier active. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- Patrol Cosmodrome – Complete 6 Patrol missions in the Cosmodrome. [ 50 Rep / 2,500 XP, 10 Spinmetal ]
These are all easy. I’m doing them today on all three characters, but not turning them in until I get some new gear tomorrow.
- Broken Scholar – Defeat 25 Warlocks in the Crucible. [ 75 Rep / 3,750 XP ]
- Death or Glory – Complete 5 Clash Matches. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- Dominion – Complete 5 Clash Matches. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- Party’s Over – Earn 5 Enforcer Medals. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- Revengeance – Earn 5 Postmortem Medals. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- The Wild Hunt – Defeat 25 Hunters in the Crucible. [ 75 Rep / 3,750 XP ]
The Crucible playlist for today is Clash.
- Added a new Daily Reward package upon completion of the first game in the Daily Featured Crucible playlist
- Added Passage Coins to reward streams across all playlists, including the Daily reward package
- Increased Crucible Mark drop rate across all playlists by 100%
- Increased Crucible Reputation earnings across all playlists by 20%
- Increased Rare Weapons and Gear drop chance for completing games across all playlists by 100%
- Added Legendary Weapon drops into the Crucible reward stream across all playlists
- Added Dark Below maps into all Crucible playlists for all players to enjoy (Pantheon, The Cauldron, Skyshock)
- Adjusted the power curve for Iron Banner playlists to accommodate the competitive range of power in House of Wolves
- Across one Iron Banner event, players competing in Iron Banner with more than one character on the same account will receive a reputation boost for the lower-ranked characters to reach parity with the higher-ranked character more quickly
- Six additional Iron Banner bounties have been added to the bounty rotation
- Removed an errant buff from Iron Banner Control playlist
- Etheric Light will now be available at Ranks 3 and 5 in Iron Banner
- Newly acquired Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
- The Speaker will exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
- Xûr will exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
- Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
- Commendations can be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
- Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves
- The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or Exotics)
- Expansion II featured Daily Heroic activities will produce Motes of Light in lieu of Shards
- Ascending: Year 1 Legendary and Exotic gear can be upgraded to the highest power levels available in Year 1
- The Control UI above the mini scoreboard has been fixed & returned to the players HUD
- Added a new “Connection Recovery” System
- Specific player networking problems will now be fixed instead of kicking affected players to orbit
- This will be enabled first for Trials of Osiris and rolled out to other activities over time
Siege of the Warmind
Old Russia, Earth
“Find Rasputin’s bunker. Defend it against the Hive attack.”
- Heroic – Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
- Angry – Minions of the Darkness won’t flinch, even after massive damage.
- 2 Ascendant Materials
- Cryptarch Engram
- 16 Spinmetal
- 5 Vanguard Marks
- 7,500 XP
Quick update today. Tomorrow will probably be light as well, simply because there won’t be a Daily Heroic, Nightfall, or Weekly Heroic until 12pm CT. Besides, it’ll be new content that I won’t have played anyway, so what could I possibly say about it? So just expect the bounties tomorrow and little else, although I may be streaming so perhaps I’ll just embed the stream into tomorrow’s post.
Destiny Weekly will come out after House of Wolves drops, but as you have to run through the story mission to even unlock the strike, don’t expect me to write anything about the strike. Enjoy your final day of prepping Guardians. Tomorrow is the big day!