Welcome back Guardians to another Destiny Daily. Yes, I’m well aware that this is the first time doing Destiny Daily since the release of House of Wolves. I got so caught up in playing Destiny, and have really been enjoying all that House of Wolves has to offer (aside from the Trials), that I just didn’t write the series as I had planned on doing. I think now though, I can start getting back in the groove though.
Last week, I did something that I had wanted to do for a while, and that was complete a raid flawlessly. Doing so awarded me the Flawless Raider trophy, which just so happened to be the last trophy that I needed. So now I finally have the Platinum trophy for Destiny, and have become one of the Guardian Lords in the process (that’s just what the platinum is called folks).
I have yet to beat Skolas though, that is what I want to accomplish next. Tomorrow begins the Iron Banner, and you will be able to buy an Etheric Light at rank three and five. I will be plowing through Iron Banner this week for that guaranteed six Etheric Light, because I have weapons that I want to ascend ASAP (Vision, Found Verdict, Black Hammer, and Hunger of Crota, to name just a few).
Here are the bounties for 6/1:
- Fallen Leaders – Kill 10 Fallen Majors or Ultras. [ 50 Rep / 2,500 XP ]
- Overcharge – Kill 2 enemies at once with a Fusion Rifle, 20 times. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- Knuckleduster – Melee kill 30 enemies without dying. [ 50 Rep / 2,500 XP ]
- TARGET: Telthor, Unborn – Defeat Telthor in the “Chamber of Night” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- TARGET: Frigoris, Exiled Baron – Defeat Frigoris in the “Shrine of Oryx” mission on the Moon with the Heroic modifier active. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- Patrol The Moon – Complete 6 Patrol missions on the Moon. [ 50 Rep / 2,500 XP, 10 Helium Filaments ]
Can’t complain anytime four out of the six Vanguard bounties are worth 100 rep.
- Shake the Pillars – Defeat 25 Titans in the Crucible. [ 75 Rep / 3,750 XP ]
- Throw Down – Defeat 20 Guardians with your melee attack. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- Dominion – Complete 5 Control matches. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- Stopping Power – Kill 15 Guardians with a Shotgun. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- Target Practice – Kill 15 Guardians with a Hand Cannon. [ 100 Rep / 5,000 XP ]
- That’s How I Roll – Earn 5 Multikill medals. [ 100 Rep /5,000 XP ]
Shrine of Oryx
Ocean of Storms, Moon
“Search the darkest corners of the Hellmouth for the fabled Shrine and destroy it.”
- Heroic – Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
- Lightswitch – Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage.
- 2 Ascendant Materials
- Cryptarch Engram
- 16 Spinmetal
- 5 Vanguard Marks
- 7,500 XP
Tomorrow is the weekly reset, and that’ll mean the return of Destiny Weekly. The Iron Banner is of course returning tomorrow, and this time it’s going to be worth grinding it out on all three characters for a lot of us, just for the six guaranteed Etheric Light. As a reminder, some changes to Iron Banner were introduced in the last patch and this is the first time they’ll be in effect. Here’s the overview of what those changes entail:
- Lower-ranked Guardians on your account will receive a reputation boost to catch up to your higher-ranked Guardian more quickly
- Rewards cost less Glimmer – the grind is less real
- Etheric Light is available for purchase at Rank 3 and Rank 5
- The Gunsmith has inherited Lord Saladin’s weapon reforging service
- Power still matters, and it matters a little more as the delta between two players increases
- The Cauldron and Pantheon have been added to the playlist, along with Exodus Blue on PlayStation
There will also be new Iron Banner bounties. It’s going to be a busy week in Destiny. I’ll be back tomorrow with another Destiny Daily and Destiny Weekly.