We’re heading into a new Destiny year ladies and gentlemen, as Tuesday Patch 2.0 drops. If you haven’t read the Bungie Weekly Update from yesterday, here’s a preview of the changes that 2.0 is bringing on Tuesday in addition to the previously detailed weapon balance and changes:
You have one more weekend to experience Destiny as it has existed in Year One. On September 8th, the deployment of Update 2.0 will change the way we play. Next week, we’ll deliver complete patch notes to keep you occupied. Here’s a tactical preview for how things about to change:
- Character Level Cap for all players will be raised to 34
- Level Cap for The Taken King will be 40
- You will be able to level up by gaining XP alone
- Character Level and Light are now separate statistics
- Your Character Level will be grandfathered into your highest possible Light Level from all gear in your inventory and vault
- Attack and Defense ratings for armor and weapons will be translated to the new systems – their power levels will be unchanged
- Grimoire Score has been moved from the Character Nameplate and now displays in the Character Screen
- A Quest Screen will be added to your Menu
- Tracks all active Quests
- Abandoned Quests can be recovered in the Hall of Guardians
- Year One Activities have been converted to the Quest system
- Bounty slots will be increased to 16
- Incomplete Year One Bounties will be auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for launch of The Taken King
- Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
- Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
- Reputation with Crota’s Bane can continue to be earned by completing Quests in The Taken King
- Collections have been added to the Tower
- Emblems/Shaders can be found near Eva Lavante
- Ships can be found near Amanda Holliday
- Exotic Armor and Weapon Blueprint added to the Tower
- You will now have the Blueprint for all Exotics you own in your Collection
- Report to the Vanguard in the Hall of Guardians
- Motes of Light will be used to grant XP to Weapons and Armor
- Class-specific Armor materials will be deprecated in favor of a unified Armor Material
- Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor material [Update: This change takes effect on 09/15]
- Revised Sandbox balance will be in effect, based on our previous analysis
- Fallen Wolf Hunt Patrols will retreat in anticipation of the arrival of Oryx in your solar system
We’ll also get to play Rift and Mayhem on all of the new Taken King maps beginning Tuesday for the entire week thanks to the Crucible Preview Event:
Here are the bounties for 9/4:
- TARGET: Aksor, Archon Priest – Defeat Aksor, Archon Priest in the “Winter’s Run” Strike on Venus.
- Walking Tall – Complete any Strike without dying.
- Relic Harvest Moon – Collect 200 Impact Shards on the Moon.
- Unstoppable – Earn 9000 Experience without dying.
- Body Dropper – Kill 100 enemies without dying.
- Patrol Cosmodrome – Complete 6 Patrol missions on in the Cosmodrome.
- The Wild Hunt – Defeat 25 Hunters in the Crucible.
- Target Practice – Kill 15 Guardians with a Hand Cannon.
- Back Scratcher – Earn 50 Assists in the Crucible.
- Dominion – Complete 5 Control Matches.
- Death or Glory – Complete 5 Clash Matches.
- Party’s Over – Earn 5 Enforcer medals.
The Daily PVP Playlist is Rumble – The Grand Arena
Prove your merit to the New Monarchy in pure combat. Kill everything. Watch your back.
- Crucible Gear
- Crucible Marks
- Crucible Reputation
- XP Bonus
The Silent Fang
Old Russia, Earth
“Stop Skolas’s elite assassins before they tear through the Cosmodrome.”
- Heroic – Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
- Brawler – Guardian Melee damage is greatly increased.
- Motes of Light x2
- Cryptarch Engram x1
- Spinmetal x16
- Vanguard Marks x20
- XP Bonus x7500
This is a House of Wolves mission.
I know it has been a long time since I’ve managed to do Destiny Daily for the week, but it still works exactly the same as it did before… no Destiny Daily post on Saturday and Sunday. So, The Daily will return again Monday, which is going to be a long “meh” day as we wait ever so patiently for Tuesday to arrive and bring us Patch 2.0, some new goodies (like the collection stuff, Exotic blueprints, Armsday Rep, Questing system, a new Ghost, Light/Level changes, etc.), and of course the awesome Crucible Preview Event. That’ll allow every Guardian to play Rift and Mayhem Clash on all of the new maps for a full week. What a pleasant surprise that was to read in the Bungie Weekly Update.