Ring of Honor Wrestling held their 15th Anniversary event on pay-per-view tonight, and if you missed it I HIGHLY recommend you catch a replay of it. It was a fantastic event that was capped off by two great matches. Full results, and some thoughts, below:
- Jay White pinned Kenny King in 10:15.
- Frankie Kazarian beat Cheeseburger, Hangman Page, Chris Sabin, Silas Young, and Damien Martinez in a six-way in 9:00 to earn an ROH TV Title shot.
- Jay Lethal defeated Bobby Fish in 15:10.
- Matt Taven, TK O’Ryan, and Vinny Marseglia beat Dalton Castle and The Boyz in 8:05 to retain the ROH Six-Man Tag Titles.
- Marty Scurll beat Lio Rush to retain the ROH TV Title in 18:40.
- Bully Ray and The Briscoes defeated War Machine and Davey Boy Smith Jr. in 12:00.
- Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy beat The Young Bucks and RPG Vice in 17:10 in a Las Vegas Street Fight to retain the ROH Tag Titles.
- Christopher Daniels defeated Adam Cole to win the ROH Championship.
Patriot’s Ponderings: GREAT event. Easily the best PPV from an American based promotion this year.
Really loved the main event between Christopher Daniels and Adam Cole. Daniels has long been a favorite of mine, so I was quite happy to see him FINALLY capture a world championship after some 24 years wrestling. I hate the chant, but he definitely deserves it.
I assume Adam Cole is on his way out. He’ll be in WWE, but I think he’ll have an extended stay in NJPW before gets there. Omega/Cole will be great when it happens in NJPW.
Really enjoyed the hell out of the Hardy’s/Young Bucks/RPG Vice street fight too. Wild brawl. Shame Impact Wrestling management is being douchebags and wouldn’t let the Hardy’s do the Broken gimmick. Really fun match.
Lethal/Fish and Scurll/Rush were also really good matches.
Didn’t care so much for the six man tag featuring Bully Ray teaming with the Briscoes. The match itself was fine, but that’s not how to use Bully Ray. That was Bubba Ray Dudley doing his nostalgia act in WWE a year ago.