Below are the results from tonight’s episode of Smackdown Live. The show featured a Six Pack Challenge match between Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Dolph Ziggler, Jinder Mahal, Mojo Rawley, and Sami Zayn. The match was won by Jinder Mahal, with a little help from the Bollywood Boys. As a result, Jinder was named the #1 Contender to the WWE Championship and will get his opportunity for the title at Backlash.
In other #1 Contender news, Charlotte Flair defeated Smackdown Women’s Champion Naomi to earn a championship match.
- Jinder Mahal won the Six Pack Challenge to became number one contender at 19:38.
- Charlotte defeated Naomi at 13:55.
- Primo and Epico defeated American Alpha at 5:11.
- Kevin Owens pinned Gary Gandy at 0:31.
- AJ Styles defeated Baron Corbin via Countout at 14:28.
Smith’s Sentiment: It was a wrestling heavy show with three matches clocking in over 13 minutes, but unfortunately it just wasn’t a good show. It’s questionable booking to bring in guys who were jobbing on a pretty consistent basis (or were just rarely used) on RAW and make them go over established acts so early. Nothing against Jinder or the Colon’s, but they should’ve been built up slowly. Charlotte/Naomi was pretty decent, and Styles/Corbin was an entertaining main event.