If you’re one of the over two million plus players who have been enjoying PlayerUnknow’s Battlegrounds, here’s a heads up for you. Tomorrow, at roughly 1pm CT, the leaderboards will be reset and then approximately five hours later a new season will begin. This will be the first leaderboard wipe for the game.
If you aren’t familiar with PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, it is a survival/MMO battle royale that pits 100 players on a remote island for a winner-takes-all showdown where strategic gameplay is as important as shooting skills. Players will enter a last-man-standing battle where they try to locate weapons, vehicles and supplies in a graphically and tactically rich battleground that eventually forces players into a shrinking play zone as they engage in a tense and spectacular fight to the death.
It is consistently one of the most watched games on Twitch. It is available on Steam as an early access game for $29.99.
The next patch will hit on June 1st, here are the notes:
- Improved performance by reducing effects played excessively during vehicle crashes
- Improved performance on the server in relation to vehicles
- Fixed a crash related to unequipping an item
- Fixed a crash related to when vehicles crashed
- Fixed a bug that caused a player to die without entering the REVIVE state when being shot by a shotgun or a full-auto weapon in DUO or SQUAD modes
- Fixed a bug that caused other players’ voice chat to be heard at high volume on the airplane
- Fixed a bug that caused breath gauge to be shown incorrectly in certain situations
- Partially fixed a bug that caused a player to “die from falling” after getting stuck in buildings or vehicles
- Fixed a bug that caused sound to stutter when many players are swimming
- Fixed a bug that caused translucent crosshair to be shown on VSS scope
- Fixed a bug that caused a player to go back into the REVIVE state when two players start the revive action and one cancels