10tons Ltd, the prolific Finnish independent studio, has announced their next game, Undead Horde. It will come first to Steam later this year, and will release on PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch a few months later.
The game will pit players as a necromancer who makes it his mission to wipe the living from the ancestral lands of the undead. You roam the land, kill the living and then summom them as your undead army to grow even more powerful to take out larger forces of the living.
“The undead have been abundantly represented in games for years and years, but there are very few titles where you get to play the villain, the necromancer behind the horde. Luckily we as indie game developers are in a unique position to do something about that!” says Tero Alatalo, CEO of 10tons Ltd.
“In recent months, with JYDGE and Tesla vs Lovecraft, we’ve been able to sell thousands of units on launch week in Steam. This puts our games in the top 5% of new indie releases. We aim to repeat the specific steps leading up to this level of success with Undead Horde, and to surpass it with new efforts.” Tero continues.
- Slay enemies and assimilate their corpses into your army
- Easy to get into RPG style hack, slash & cast action
- Find items, level up, and raise the dead to become more powerful
- Build up your Necromancer with items to suit your personal tastes and playstyle
- Procedural item generation: Endless number of items to loot, steal and buy – can you find the most epic ones?
- A vast world to explore and conquer – environments ranging from forests to catacombs.
You can view the game’s page on Steam now, where the release date is currently set to November 12th.