Next week, February 20th, Assassin’s Creed Origins will get a title update that will add in the long touted Discovery Tour by Assassin’s Creed: Ancient Egypt mode. The educational mode will allow players to freely roam ancient Egypt and learn about its history without combat getting in the way.
Included in the Discovery Mode is 75 guided tours that range from 5 to 25 minutes in length. These tours are curated by experts and are tied to five themes:
- Egypt: the land of Egypt, geography, and wildlife.
- Pyramids: the most iconic landmarks of Egypt.
- Alexandria: explaining the Greek influence that started with Alexander the Great.
- Daily Life: information about the people and not only the monuments.
- Romans: few tours about the growing influence of Rome at the time of the game.
In the Discovery Mode, players will be able to navigate the world as Bayek, Aya, Cleopatra, Julius Caesar and others. In total, there are 25 avatars plays can select.
While in the combat free mode, players will still be able to use many ingame features including traveling via mount and fast travel, climbing and parkour, sailing, swimming, and even using the eagle Senu to fly around the world. The photo mode is still available as well.
The mode is also adding new trophies and achievements to the game as well.